Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Contest

I have, on and off over the last year or two, really tried to figure out a logo for Mountainpony, or even just a stylized way to write it (which is a logo too but you know what I mean). I have finally come to the conclusion that I have a complete and total mind block when it comes to this and need help. This is where you guys come in, or anyone else that is interested for that matter. I am holding a contest for a logo design!
So break out your pencils, computers, or whatever it is that you use and see what you can come up with. At the end of the year I will pick my favorite, or if I can't decide, I will pick my top three and let you all in on the decision as well.

The winning design will receive

1. A photo shoot

2. Custom designed photo album

3. CD of 6 hi res images from your shoot

Please submit designs by email to jennifer@mountainponyphotography.com

And for all those people that wonder where such a strange name as Mountainpony came from and just have not asked.. here is a bit of the story behind the name. A lot of you grew up with me and so it just makes sense but all that seems like so long ago and almost in another life. I grew up in the mountains of MT and spent more time on the back of a horse than I probably did on my own two feet. This in itself would explain the name as it embodies who I am and the life that will always call to me no matter where I may be at any given time. One of my biggest struggles in life is to be content with where I am and God is always teaching me this or reminding me when I start to yearn for things I cannot have at the moment. If I was not on a horse when I was young chances were you would find me with my nose in a book or even hiding out in the bathroom reading when I should have been doing schoolwork (Mom knew this though so it wouldn't last for long :) On of my favorite books was this old paperback I found at an antique shop and it was called Mountain Pony and the Pinto Colt. The books are from 1946 and there are at least two others in the series that I know of. The book had loose pages in it but it was all there and although in very sad condition I still have it and cherish it in my collection. So it is through the combined title of a favorite childhood book and the fact that it also sums up everything I grew up with and love that Mountainpony was born. So there you have it lol, a country girl who loves the mountains, her horses, and her books.

No comments:

Post a Comment